Many moons have passed, but we are still here, and code is still moving forward.
Python Twitter Tools 1.9.1 is now hereby released.
Mostly a bugfix release, but there are a few improvements:
- Default to the Twitter 1.1 API, and change docs to show this. Finally.
- –force-ansi in the command-line tool, if you really really want it.
- Embolden hashtags and underline @names in command-line output.
- A _timeout parameter for calls to the API that take a very long time.
- Archive your mentions or your favorite tweets using the archiver.
- Save config files in the right place on Windows.
- More things!
As usual you can get Python Twitter Tools from PyPI by typing
pip install twitter, or download it from the homepage.
At this point I rarely do dev work on Python Twitter Tools. I merely evaluate and merge the pull requests submitted by other talented developers. A great big thank you to all of them! Their names reside safely in the Git project history, for all eternity.